QC Expectations for Bent Steel Keyboards
- There will not be any bending marks, sharp edges, or scratches on parts*
- Textured and Gloss powdercoated finishes vary from part to part.
- Characteristics such as "orange peel" and "picture framing" may be present.
- All surfaces of the case will be coated so that no raw steel is exposed, with the exception of the clinch nuts which have zinc coated threads.
- Sheetmetal has a spring-like nature to it. Each bend has a tolerance of +/- 1 degree.
- Gaps between the top and bottom halves and where screw holes align for assembly will vary.
- These over/under bends can be overcome by gently bending the individual parts during assembly.
- Keyboards are shipped partially assembled - small fastener marks underneath screw heads where they meet the case are permitted.